
The Dutch are known for their rather laid back lifestyle but other than the expected cultural differences, getting around can be "oh - not so simple" - to us, at least.
What is very self explanatory to us in the States can be extremely difficult here like opening doors when you think its Push, its Pull! It’s the little things that can really make you feel dumb for a moment! C.an drive you crazy but we just laugh or play it off...
The 1st time we went grocery shopping was crazy! We couldn’t understand a thing but were able to figure out the basics! Every now and then, we’ll stumble across a familiar brand “Lays, Pepsi, Pringles, to name a few. I walked to the market today to get a few more things to add to tonights dinner. I’ll be carrying the bread and onions in my arms until I get the bike with a basket. Luckily, its less then a 5 minute walk.
Today it took me all day to figure out how to get the laundry/dryer combo machine on and its still not working right. It ran off and on for a couple of hours today so the owner is coming by tomorrow!
It stays dark until 830am morning and starts to get dark around 430ish but I didn’t see any other home lights on when we were up at 630am so people take it easy getting into work here.
No comments:
Post a Comment